- 4 large eggs
- 4 strips of bacon (or breakfast sausage or chorizo)
- 1 medium-large potato, small dice
- 1 medium red onion, small dice
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 14oz stewed, diced, or crushed tomatoes (I used my homemade Easy Bruschetta recipe)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425°.
Cook bacon until crispy then remove and strain on paper towel. Leave fat in pan. Sauté potatoes, onion, and sundried tomatoes in the rendered bacon fat with cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper until potatoes are nearly done through. Chop bacon and set aside. Add tomatoes and chopped bacon then simmer for approximately 5 minutes, stirring often to release potato starches into liquids.
Divide by 4 and ladle into 4 ramekins. Make a small well in the middle of each dish. Crack an egg into a small bowl, check for shells and ensure the yolk is not broken, then gently pour one egg into each well. Bake at 425° in the middle of the oven for 10-15 minutes until the white is set, but the egg still appears somewhat jiggly. The top of the yolk will appear cooked, but the middle should be runny still. Top with chopped parsley and enjoy!